Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My original creative was

Absolutely if not better.Personally I wasn't really happy with the creative.My original creative was:
Quote:
Dude - Check it - I stepped on my Nano and busted the screen. But these dudes are going to send me a new one free! You can get one too, just fill in the form and answer some stupid questions. Two things:One is that the msg actually sent sounds a bit spammier and promotional.Two is that it just says 'Enter email into form' and you will magically get an iPod...My creative sounds like a real person, has a story that makes it sound believable (ppl assume spammers are too lazy to make shit up). This would have increased retention and msg open rates.My creative doesn't mention giving up email (ppl don't like that!) just says 'fill out a form'. I think this would have dramatically increased CTRSaying 'answer some stupid questions' lets people think it is ok to go past step one and lets them know what happens next, making them feel safe about doing so, distracting them from wondering or thinking about "what happens if I put my email here? Will I get spammed like mad?" Thus dramatically icreasing conversion rates.But maybe I am dead wrong... Only a good A/B test would tell us for sure. Maybe a spammy sounding simple message was the best way to go? Got the results we were after, but I do suspect my creative would have perfoemed much better. I have send out 1000's of promotional offers and done much experimentation with subject lines and A/B testing.If we REALLY wanted to improve open/Clicks/conversions, we'd send out PERSONALIZED messages to each of our friends saying "Hey Billy, Check it out" in the subject line. Which i imagine can be done, just takes more work than using the bulletin system.

http://www.earnersforum.com/showthread.php?t=1742&page=2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home